donderdag 5 april 2012

Body & Mind




I start this story today because of the adventure this afternoon.

I won´t start at the beginning, because this story has no beginning and no end. It is a story about learning and love. This blog will skip and jump through time and tell the tale of what my horse taught me.

She is now free, after the few years I had to put her in a stable back in Holland she now roams the land in France. I did not ride her all through winter and I longed to feel her changed body under me. The months of living in the mountains has made her strong, lean and flexible, the hard work of seeing her through winter has made me stronger but I did not gain any flexibility.

Where she now lives we used to camp out and I am happy that the picnic table is still standing there. I climbed on it so I could climb on her back, as it was a spur of the moment thing and I can never find her halter anyway she was free to do as she pleased and I was just happy to feel her new body under me.

We have a new dog in the pack she is barely used to horses and she is not used to seeing me on a horse at all. The dog got restless and started barking and jumping around and the body under me started to pick up speed and before I knew it she was galloping up the hill.

When you will get to know us you will know that she used to be a lazy horse and me a novice rider as I still am.

In the short gallop up the hill without saddle or reins there was a much longer conversation going on in my head:

I will fall off – No you won’t
I need to jump off – No you don’t
Me and my stupid plans – But you are doing great
She is in a panic – No she is not
I should panic – No you shouldn’t
I wish I was a better rider – Feel how good you are riding now
This is scary – No it’s a thrill

At the top of the hill she stopped, bowed her head and started to eat as if nothing happened. But a lot had happened, I again faced some of my fears and I stared right back at them. There is no denying the two sides in me, like there is no denying that I made it safely up the hill on a galloping horse. My head did the talking but my body rode hers and we were a perfect match. My head was silent while my body was enjoying the adrenalin pumping through my veins and I felt proud we came this far.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten